Monday, November 5, 2007

the first met and watched

Title: the first met and watched

Annual visiting was done. I went to visit my great grandmother on saturday, 3 November. This time round and first time, i was without any direct relatives. Dad and i reached there some 15 minutes past 4pm. The birthday celebration was over and the crowd had gone home.

Well, I met Ping Chie's mother there. Well, i even accompanied Irene, great grandmother's attentive and cheerful maid to lottery station. Oh my.. haha. Since young, i did not like the idea of gambling. But that day, i was in the queue for Irene. In the end, she wanted me to buy for her since i was already in the queue. Luckily, i told her i never bought any lottery before and i was asked to wait for her instead. haha.

Chang Qing and Shu Yun. They are lovable. I believe that kids can really make one's day, simply they are a joy to be with. If a kid ever requests you to play with him/her, play like them. Although at times you would be wondering why you are doing it, the smile that the little ones give out certainly removes any uncomfort in you. I had to roll off the sofa while playing 'fighting' with Chang Qing. We had no toy swords so we made do with the flag similar to the ones used in soccer. Snapping pictures was fun too. Chang Qing really knew how to pose in front of a camera. There was a part where we were taking a photo using a frame that had candle in the background, that made Shu Yun and Chang Qing laughed. No matter how i took the photo with the 3 of us in the picture, i was always getting 'burnt' by the candle in the picture. haha. That eventually made Shu Yun liking that particular picture frame more as she used it to 'burn' me by taking more pictures with the flame on me.

The stay at Great Grandmother's place was short as it was approaching 6.30pm. I had to run off to meet Gerry at Orchard.

I was there standing for more than 90 minutes. Also, i was in a place where i should never be. For 90 mintues, i was standing and focused. The standing had taken a toll on me as i could feel the pressure on my knees. The emotions were running high while i did routine checks on my emotions. Gerry somehow blended into the crowd as he was one true member of them. Then came my favourite move in the match when subsitute Saha did a defence-splitting pass to the on-coming Evra who expertly was on-side, in the penalty area. Then within a few steps, he put in a low cross to the centre of the box to Ronaldo who was on target for Manchester United to take the lead. I was happy that instance but i did not show it and remained cool. The crowd there was silenced. Eventually, the match ended in a draw with a last minute, surprising equaliser that provoked the crowd to burst into cheers. At the end of it, i was still Manchester United fan, although i was in Arsenal Singapore fan's club for more than 2 hours. I am an unconverted, United fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment