Friday, June 15, 2007

Kid's Tuition Passion

Title: Kid's Tuition Passion

I had a 2nd tuition session with my new student on thursday, 14 June. It was my first to teach a primary school kid, exlcuding the one i had for voluntary work previously.

I would say that the tuition with younger kids needs some patience. Perhaps i already have the must-have quality since i love interacting with kids alot. Maybe it was the motivation to help my student to do better for her exams that interests me in this tuition, more than just monetary gains that i enjoy. Since I am given the responsibility, i am obliged to make sure she wastes no time in attending my tuition sessions and that she gains alot instead. At times during the tuition, i would try to be more encouraging and speak more at her level ( which is quite important since i am used to teaching secondary student and i teach at that level).

Recounting the tuition: once she is done with her question, she would then wait for me to get back to her. Or gently and with some calculated force, she would slide the book on the table to my vision field, right under my head facing down on the table occasionally. So when i asked if she knows what to do or specifically how she got the answer, she would shake her head and smile at me innocently. With just little more effort put in in response to my question, she would whisper "i don't know".

Well, i just wish that she can improve in her studies.

Now i am thinking of joining a children organisation, maybe those types that can organise activities for children or just interacting with the kids but no voluntary tuition, please. I just hope that this kind of organisation can fall right before me now. I want to get busy, outside school and to know more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment