Saturday, June 16, 2007

16 June 2007

Title: 16 June 2007

Today is special. It would mean alot to long-time friend, Michelle. Michelle, Cynthia, Guan Zhu, Han Xiang and i went out together to celebrate Michelle's birthday.

So how exactly did the places we visited which i am going to reveal, use to celebrate her birthday? All thanks to the demanding Michelle and her disclosed wishes. So we went to Bay Street 21 at IMM then Haagen Daz, Vivocity just to fulfil the silly girl's simple and attainable wishes (still well within our means which i am glad as we could see these wishes turned reality).

The day started off when i gave Han Xiang morning call at 9.10am. The whole conversation was like:

Me: Hello, Han Xiang. You woke already? ( still sleepy and called while lying on the bed)
HX: Ya. I thought i smsed you already. I sms you, "I wake up le". Maybe i forgot to send it to you ( sounded as though he was very awake and woke up long ago)
Me: Oh ok. See you later.

At 10.28am, i reached Boon Lay Station where i saw Guan Zhu first. We were just 2minutes away from the arranged meeting time. Then i called Han Xiang. I was told immediately, he just woke up. I was like, "huh!" I thought he would reach the meeting place before i did. Hightlight in this case was that a sleeping person, in subconscious state, still could tell me he smsed me and the precise content of his message. How amazing it was! haha.

About 10.35am or so, we met up with Michelle and Cynthia. In fact, i thought all of us looked lethargic. Very simply it was that all of us had relatively pale look with tired eyes. Before we met Han Xiang and had our meal at Bay Street 21, we went walking around in IMM. We went to the open area where there was a kids' playground with the water feature. Moreover, Cynthia had actually wanted to join in the fun with the kids. Too bad she did not as there was no back-up outfit and i think that there was a staff guarding the place so that no one in the specified age group was allowed to play.

Meal time: I ordered a fish & chip. It was my first time eating at that place. So when the meal began, Han Xiang and Guan Zhu asked me a crucial question: "Do you eat carrots?" When i signalled "Dozo" ( in japanese, meaning go ahead), my untouched dish was then filled with more and more orange colored sticks, with stingy few long beans. haha. Then i grumbled, Cynthia and i who eat carrots are wearing glasses while Han Xiang and Michelle were the opposite case. Ironic.

Actually i was quite quiet when on the bus to Vivocity as i was thinking hard on the pressing matters on hand. I just couldn't help it.

At Vivocity, Michelle was not in the known that we were going to Haagen Daz. When we were at the outside of Haagen Daz the first time, Cynthia commented it was too early to have ice-cream as we just had our meal. Then we went to Toy 'R' Us. We saw the latest toys and so on. We meddled with some toys. I even gave personal comment on which toy guns were of better grade, using my past experience in playing toy guns. Michelle was trying to be funny by making it such that the stuff toy dog that she came by, was clinging onto her. Then she commented to us, "看, 这只狗在抱住我 ( look, the dog is clinging onto me) ”. I felt "cold" instantly. During our walk around the shopping centre, we were conversing in our "powderful" Japanese language. Then it was like, "hai" (means yes) and the next word to follow it would be "moitchido" (means again). I think we were influenced by our Japanese teacher who always said these 2 words together. Guan Zhu, Michelle and i still like our classics, "Ojyama Gomi ( means nuisance rubbish)". haha. Hey 2 of you, you are "Anata wa ojyma gomi".

At Haagen Daz, we had a fondue with brownies. The fondue was good and so good that i suddenly became 'normal' and talked rubbish. After first few mouthful of the chocolate fondue, i became verbally active and described the fondue that caused the stirred emotions in me, “纯纯遇上爱 (met love innocently)”. Soon, i could see Han Xiang was already like "huh, what did you say?". I was elated while eating the chocolate especially. My love for chocolate just deepened, didn't it?

Then there was once, abit of chocolate was on my lip. Then i looked at Cynthia and mimiced a seducer, so i pushed our my tongue slightly with its tip wiping the chocolate neatly. Apparently, nothing happened. She did not notice it when i asked her if she saw what i did. When eating, Guan Zhu twice consecutively touched my spectacle as he was reaching for its targeted ice-cream. For Michelle, I would insist that she dirtied the chocolate fondue with the vanilla ice-cream while dipping and said that she finished dirtying our portion and would use the other thought-to-be-less-polluted chocolate fondue as the clay-pot of chocolate fondue was divided into 2 portions.

Nearing the end of the meal, i took out my Japanese note and Guan Zhu, Michelle and i were trying to practise what we learnt last lesson. So i would confirm with them some pronounciations as i was not good in rememebering it. Guan Zhu or Michelle or both would always call me "假日本人" (fake Japanese). Michelle saw lighted candle like the design of a scented candle. So we took it out under the mini-claypot of chocolate fondue. Together with it was 2 slices of leftover bananas to compensate the loss of a cake. Then it was the classic song- birthday song. Michelle blew off the candle after wishing. I just hope that everyone enjoyed themselves today.

Happy Birthday, 孙女。Happy 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment