Monday, September 17, 2007

Grandmother's birthday celebration!

Title: Grandmother's birthday celebration!

Yesterday, my family and i went to celebrate my paternal grandmother's birthday at Toa Payoh. I thought this was my first time alighting at Toa Payoh MRT station. After reaching the station, mum was wondering where to exit from the station. Ya. I made a guess to exit through 'C' when there was another exit point. Well, later, i thought of a map that would always be available in station which is called the locality map. Just as i thought of it, i accidentally saw it on the wall as i happened to turn and look at the right place, at the right time. These days, using map can be quite intuitive for me. Less than a minute, i could locate where the place is (on the map) and i already orientated myself the general direction of journey to adopt. haha. True enough, i made the right decision. On the way to our destination, i even took out my all-know map book to check my position ensure that we were on track.

It has been some time i met my cousins. Come to think of it, it should be the longest time gap, in which we did not meet, that we have since young. As usual, everytime i meet my relatives and cousins, i would be getting smaller, and my grandmother would then comment that i am skinnier. Can't help, i am now even having the same height as my second youngest cousin, Yong Lin( now in sec 2). To think i am the second oldest among my 7 cousins and 1 brother! Another classic comment would be a direct comparison between me and my brother: 你弟弟可以做哥哥了(your younger brother can take your role as your elder brother). Can't help 2, my brother is 1.79m and only is in his sec 3 while i am only 1.68m. Therefore i shall apply this relationship in maths.

Let y be my height. Let x be my brother's height.

So if x increases, y will decrease.

therefore, x= k/y, where k is a constant. It is an inverse relationship.

In this case, to make it realistic, i assume that y will become smaller relatively thus it is not necessarily i in reality become shorter as it is taken in account, i will maintain my height.

No comments:

Post a Comment