Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. A day to mark the death of Saint Valentine. The man who defied Emperor Claudius at the Roman Empire. The Emperor wanted an army for himself. But many young, fit men were not willing to part with their loved ones. Instead, he came up with a crazy idea of passing a law to stop marriages. Saint Valentine, a priest, continued to arrange marriages for couples secretly. But when he was caught, he was given death sentence. During his days in jail, he met a fellow jailer's daughter and were able to get along well together. Before his execution, he left a note ending with the phrase, 'love from valentine'. Thus, 14 february became a day for lovers exclusively.


I spent my 2009 Valentine's day with family at my grandma's house. Never mind the fact i have no lover. But i still have with me, my family. My cousins (all the single ones) except Wei (who has a girlfriend and visited grandma earlier) were there. As usual, my fate with my "The One" has yet to come. It is just pretty good enough to get into the festive mood.

4 comments:

  1. hahas. i din noe the origin for valentine...looks like i have to visit ur blog more often for general knowledge...hahas

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa...Kc Tan, you have so much knowledge!

    ReplyDelete